Tuesday, September 20, 2011

False Alarm

So we had our first pregnancy false alarm on Friday…Well...sort of.


I had my weekly appointment with the OB on Friday and was expecting the normal experience. However, when the nurse took my blood pressure she did not like the reading at all, so she had me lay on my left side for a while and then came back to check it again. Yep…second reading was just as high as the first and when the Doc came in he shipped me over to the hospital for observation. But…not before he explained that if my numbers didn’t come down we would have a baby. Yikes!


So….off to the hospital I went. I’m typically not a procrastinator but there is only so much mobility this preggo has and to say things were not 100% in order would be an understatement. So…I called work, explained the situation and let them know I would be in touch and possibly a mother before Monday.


We then made the calls to our parents (or Grandparents to be) explaining no baby yet…but they were watching me and there was a possibility for delivery over the weekend.


They got me and Mackenzie all hooked up to machines and watched my blood pressure….and it came down. So…after a few hours of observation they sent me home with no baby and an order to collect urine for 24 hours (oh goody!). I took my urine sample back to the hospital on Saturday morning and got the all clear.


My next appointment is Thursday and Doc said if everything looks A-Okay then he will induce on Friday. So our little one may only days away from making her grand entrance and we couldn’t be more excited!!!


On a side note… I have to give a big shout out to Will, Mom and Dad who have been extremely patient with me lately. My patience has run thin as it takes everything in my power to keep a smile on my face when trying to move this hugmungo body around. My back aches, my feel are swollen and I’m carrying an 8 pound baby in my tummy. So…thank you all for putting up with my whining lately. I love you all!!!

No comments: