Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas Update

Ok....I've been a big huge slacker on the blog front lately. But in my defense December is a crazy month for us and this year was no different.

We ended up staying in Iowa for Christmas because Will had to work both Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas so travel was not in the cards. However, my Parents did decide to make the journey to Iowa since the weather forecast was no looking good for travel later in the week and they didn’t want my Sister’s family on the bad roads.

Christmas Eve was great. I went shopping with my Mom and Dad and had a fun day with them. After shopping we took naps and prepared for Church and the fun night ahead. I finished all my Christmas wrapping while Christmas tunes rang throughout the house.

(Did I mention...I love Christmas and everything involved!)

We ended up having dinner at my Sister's house and we all got to open ONE Christmas present. This is a tradition my Parents started long ago. We get ONE present Christmas Eve and it's ALWAYS Christmas PJs (but the kids haven't figured that out yet...LOL!).

Then it was time to make the trek back to Johnston with my Parent in tow. We had planned on going to Church but since the roads were getting bad we ending up opening present at our house so my Parents could get back to Ankeny at a decent time. I, once again, put on the best of Bing Crosby Christmas and my Parents, Will and I opened presents, talked, told stories and had a great time. It was so nice and relaxed and at the end of the night I really didn't want them to leave.

Christmas Day was an adventure also, although I was not feeling very well. We got a call early from my Dad stating that they would not be there to pick us up because his car was stuck in the snow. He was not a happy camper. So Will and I braved the snowy roads and slid over to my Sister’s house once again to watch her family open their Christmas presents. There is something about the excitement of children on Christmas Day that cannot be matched. So innocent…So excited…So cute! Everything was awesome!

I hope you and yours had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments: