Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

Happy Birthday Dad!

There are so many wonderful things I can say about my Dad that it becomes overwhelming to try and put it all on paper. But in honor of his birthday today, I thought I’d post a tribute to my Dad…..I’ll always be your little girl!

Dad…..

You’ve always put our family first, sacrificing your needs along the way. You give of yourself freely and make sure everyone in your family is taken care of. You’re an amazing Husband, Grandpa, Brother, Uncle and Friend…but most importantly…..You’re an amazing Father!

You’ve always protected me from evil, made me feel safe and shown unconditional love in so many different way. You’ve always tried to steer me away from life’s mistakes but picked me up when I fell.

You’re a pillar of strength and support in our family and the glue that binds us together.

You’ve been my biggest fan and always knew how to get D O W N….yea, you knew how to get DOWN!
While driving home from my crazy day at work I heard this song and it made me think of you Dad….

It takes a lot to know what is love
It’s not the big things, but the little things that mean enough
A lot of prayers to get me through and there is never a day that passes by I don’t think of you
You were always there for me
Pushing me….Guiding me…..Always to succeed
You showed me….When I was young just how to grow
You showed me….Everything that I should know
You showed me….Just how to walk without your hands
Dad you always were….The Perfect Fan!

Happy Birthday Dad….I love you!

God Bless,
Angie Collum

No comments: