Friday, August 5, 2011

Stress, Planning and Decisions.

Well..I haven’t had chance to update the good ole blog since last Friday, and I hope you all enjoyed Rebecca Black! LOL!

Anyhoo….what’s new on the home front? Well, a lot actually. I was officially diagnosed with a minor case of gestational diabetes which means I have to watch my sugar and carb intake and take my blood sugar 4 times a day. Yikes. This also means that our little peanut will be here sooner than expected, which is exciting and scary all at the same time. My OB said I will not make it to my due date and little Miss Mackenzie could be here as early as September 23rd.

So…this mama-to-be has jumped into action to prepare for arrival. Now…I know the due date is only about 2 weeks earlier but it has kind of put the planner in me into a little bit of a panic attack. The lists running through my head have been irritating me since Tuesday morning:

The bedroom set is on order, but not in our possession.

We’re planning to move.

I have no energy to pack and cannot lift much to help…which is a little annoying
for this take charge girl.

We have a ton of baby supplies to purchase or things I think we’re going to need
anyway.

So…I guess the bottom line is I’ve been a little stressed out lately. My loving husband says I worry too much and wants me to calm down (and keep my blood pressure down) for me and the baby.

We’ve made some tough decisions this week and have decided to stay put for the time being. That means de-junking the house and getting things organized for storage rather than moving furniture and all that jazz. This may seem like it’s not that big of a deal, but it’s a huge stress reliever for me and now I can focus more on getting the nursery put together and settling into home once again.

That’s a lot of text for such a minor issue, but hey….blogging is a stress reliever for me.

Hope all is well with you and yours! God Bless!
Angie

No comments: